1. The Outsider This show is based on a Stephen King novel and to be honest I am usually not a big fan of his books. However, this show is an exception and immediately captures your interest making you want to watch more. Without giving anything away, this is about an investigation surrounding the murder of a young boy and it seems like it is pretty straightforward but completely shifts to the left and takes you in a different direction every episode until the very end. It involves a supernatural force, and crazy twists and turns. I give this an 8/10.
2. High Fidelity This is definitely a show to watch without your significant other. I loved it but Bryce wasn’t a big fan. It follows the story of a girl, Rob, who owns a record store and revisits her past relationships throughout the show while trying to get over her one true love. If you love Zoe Kravitz, you will love this. A great lighthearted show to watch right now. I give this an 8/10.
3. Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 10 I have been a fan of Curb since the beginning and season 10 is by far the absolute best season ever. A great show to watch if you want a good laugh. If you haven’t seen the show it is about Larry David and his group of friends in Los Angeles. Everything goes wrong for Larry in almost every episode, even though he is always trying to do what he thinks is the “right” thing. Absolutely hilarious and one of my favorite shows on TV. I give this a 10/10.
4. Little Fires Everywhere If you like Reese Witherspoon in Big Little Lies, you will love this show. It takes place in a small town in Ohio called Shaker Heights in 1997. It follows the lives of the Richardson family (Reese Witherspoon and Joshua Jackson, yes Pacey from Dawson’s Creek is in this too!) and a woman named Mia Warren (Kerry Washington) and her daughter Pearl. Kerry Washington’s character causes a lot of things to unravel in Reese’s family. There are secrets, lies, and everything in between. I am only four episodes in and cannot wait to see what happens throughout the rest of the show. I give this a 9/10.
5. Unorthodox This show piqued my interest immediately.. It is about a Hasidic Jewish woman in Brooklyn, NY who flees to Berlin from an arranged marriage. She befriends a group of musicians but her husband flies to Berlin to find her and bring her back to NYC. I don’t want to give anything away but this mini series is incredible. It is a 9/10 and the girl that plays Esty does an amazing job.
6. Ozark The new season finally came out last week and it does not disappoint. It picks up where last season left off and is just as good as the previous seasons. If you haven’t seen this series, it is about a family that moves to the Ozarks to launder money for the Mexican drug cartel. It is one of my favorite shows right now and it will keep you on your toes. I give this a 10/10.
7. Schitt’s Creek First of all let me begin by telling you how much I love David’s character (Eugene Levy’s real son who makes this show great). The story line follows a wealthy family that loses all of their money and has to move to a small town called “Schitt’s Creek” that the dad bought for the son one year as a “joke birthday gift.” All of their assets have been seized and they have to start over while living in a motel. It is hilarious, light hearted, and entertaining in every episode. You will love it, I promise. I give this a 9/10.
There are also two shows that are coming out in the next month that I cannot wait to see and will review once they are out. The first one is called “Dirty John : The Betty Broderick Story” and the second is called “The Undoing.” I will keep you posted. Until then, stay home, stay safe, and stay healthy. xo